What Personal Information About Customers Does Babel Gather?
First and foremost, we strive as much as possible to discourage the collection of personal information via credit card details or bank accounts. In fact we collect, none of these in our transactions. For any transaction with us, you will be most likely redirected to Paypal, Stripe or suchlike payment gateways. While using Babel or Vipleyo.com, we would collect information such as email address, physical address and IP location for for security purposes only. Any information collected by Babel in whatever manner about how clients is never handed over to government officials without your consent or acknowledgment, the information is never sold either to advertisers. The information is collected by us in order to improve your user experience.
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Babel experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
· Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
· Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us.
· Mobile: When you download or use App, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
· E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Babel if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org
· Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
Does Babel Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries Babel, Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
· Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as Marketplace sellers, these businesses operate stores at Babel or sell offerings to you at Babel. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses
· Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
· Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Babel customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
· Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Babel, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
· Protection of Babel and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Babel, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
· With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
What About Cookies?
· Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide user-based unique
· The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the Web site of its manufacturer.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during
transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts
information you input.
· We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
· It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other Web sites.
Which Information Can I Access?
Babel gives you access
to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Babel
for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that
What Choices Do I Have?
· As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of Babel features
Are Children Allowed to Use Babel?
Babel does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Babel only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions